Online Resources for creativity, education, safety, and fun!
The Swng Team is compiling links to resources we think are useful while we shelter in place or just for fun. We’ll be updating this blog regularly with new resources.
Have a resource you want to share? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add it to our list!
- Open Library — Open Library is an initiative of the Internet Archive, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, building a digital library of Internet sites and other cultural artifacts in digital form. Other projects include the Wayback Machine.
- Karl Taylor Intro to Photography — FREE video series with Karl Taylor on the basics of photography.
- AdWeek Webinars — AdWeek is hosting 3-4 webinars on various topics each week including the latest marketing trends due to the pandemic and the future of advertising. Their library of past webinars is also available on-demand.
- Nikon School Online — Nikon is providing all of their online courses for FREE.
- Canon Educational Articles — These photography and craft articles always available online. Many come with printable infographics you can download for free.
- History of Photography podcast — Hosted by Professor Jedd Curto, you can listen to these 15-20 minute history lessons on most podcast apps, or watch the accompanying visual presentation on the podcast website.
Health & Wellness
- BSY.tv — Sign-up to view Black Swan Yoga’s library of unlimited yoga videos for $8/month or $80/year.
- David O Yoga — David is a longtime client and friend of Swng, and we’re very excited that he is posting new yoga videos to his YouTube page.
Art, Culture, & Music
- Google Arts & Culture — Over 2,000 museums, historical sites, and more at your fingertips including:
- Other Museums
- Fender Play Through — 3 months of FREE guitar lessons to the first 1 million people that sign up.
- A Taste of Koko App — See which restaurants in Austin are doing take out and at-home meal kits!
- Austin Eater’s running list of local restaurants doing take-out and delivery.
- Many zoos have live video feeds in animal exhibits or are giving virtual tours. Check out these websites for more information:
- Creatively — This newly launched website is a jobs platform for creatives. It was created by Stacey Bendet, founder and CEO of retailer Alice+Olivia. On Creatively, people can post their portfolios and search for new job openings in creative industries. The website is currently in beta.
- Austin Covid-19 Film Resources — Get updates on what opening phase Austin is in, guidelines for filming, and links to city and state resources.
- Opening Texas from Texas Health & Human Services — Get links to the most up to date “minimum recommended health protocols” for individuals, employers, and other industries.